Sunday, November 11, 2012

Must be nice

Must be nice to be able to come into work, look at the assignment, and walk OUT OF THE BUILDING! Thursday, a nurse decided she didnt like the assignment and walked out. Obviously, she is no longer working for the facility. She didn't care, she had another job as well. Now we were already only 3 nurses (including her). So help me with the math....2 nurses for 3 units....yeah it doesn't add up. I ended up on rehab (the floor she didn't want) and the other nurse covered long term. Now we still have to deal with Living Center. The nurse from midnights stayed over until the supervisor came in and she worked that unit. So now we don't have a supervisor. Rehab is notorious for getting admissions whenever. I specifically asked the admissions director if we were supposed to be getting any admissions; I was told no; I was lied to. When I returned from lunch, there are 2 charts on my desk. I was about ready to cry. No, weep. I was beyond angry. I got done my med pass and most of the treatments, but I could NOT work on the admissions, there was literally no time. When midnights came in at 7pm, I apologized and explained that I asked if there were to be admits and I was told no. The midnight supervisor then told me that she had heard the Director of Nursing and the admissions director talking THAT VERY MORNING about the 2 admits, they were possible at that point. I was so mad. I helped as much as I could and finished up my charting but didnt get out of there til 9pm ( I am supposed to get off at 7:30!!) UGH

1 comment:

  1. wow!! i have to say i feel your pain. Not as a nurse but as a tech in the Ed. it is rough and you do the best you can! how many patients are on these floors??? is there not a limit to the amount of patients one nurse can have governed by the state? I hope things get better fast before you are burnt out so fast you will be ready to walk out too!! :( *hugs*

    ReplyDelete