Sunday, November 4, 2012

Such chaos

OMG I can not handle any more chaos in my life right now!!!

First of all, I thought that I had school all worked out and such. But I am not so sure. The more I am hearing, the more confused I am getting. The school I currently attend, I thought they started their first nursing class last fall. Um nope. It started THIS semester. So they would only be a year into their program when I started if I stay there. Which means I would be halfway done with my program by the time they got accredited. Scary. So I am thinking of transferring to another school that has a bridge program. I *hope* they will take my credits from way back when I graduated HS and went to YSU. That's the kicker. If they don't take my credits, I would have to re-take all those classes, which I am not willing to do. But if they do, their program is only 3 semesters. So I have to get on the ball this week, get my transcripts and see what they will take and when I can start.

Work is more chaos. Wed they had all the nursing staff in for an inservice meeting. We were "trained" on the new documentation system we are now using. I say "trained" because the lady from corporate went through a couple of screens, and said "any questions". The next day, Thursday, without any hands on training, the new system was rolled out. I had a melt down on the floor. I have 31 patients and you have a 2 hour window to give meds to be in compliance. Well, it wasnt working, I can tell ya that much. It was a nightmare, even with myself and my supervisor working together, we didnt get the meds passed in compliance. We devised a system of dividing the floor into thirds for the major med passes, so that, for example in the morning, the first third will be 8am meds, then 9am and 10am. It will help somewhat, but the blood sugars are still killing me. UGH.  I am sure that once we get the kinks worked out it will be fine, but for now its a NIGHTMARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment